Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rolling Over!

Today Nathaniel rolled over. He has been able to roll on his side, but today he rolled all the way from tummy to back (with a brief break on his side). My prodigy did this not once, but three times today! I was pretty excited.

Other historic news today was the Wimbledon tennis match between Isner and Mahut. The score when they stopped play today was 59-59 in the 5th set. For those of you who aren't tennis fans, that is a crazy score. You only have to get 6 games to win a set. And normally you play a tiebreak if both players get to 6 games. However, in Wimbledon they don't do a tiebreak in the 5th (and final) set for the player to win the match. You have to win by 2 games. So the fact that they made it to 59-59 is crazy and will never happen again. I played in high school and the thought of playing that long made me somewhat nauseous . . .

An interesting fact for Nathaniel to read later is that his dad and I saw Isner play in Houston last year at the clay court championship - right before I was pregnant with Nathaniel. Pretty neat! It will be interesting to see the conclusion of the match tomorrow, but I feel so bad for whatever player loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment