Friday, February 26, 2016

The long week and a half of sickness - and Valentine's Day!

It's been a long couple of weeks. Here is the summary.

Fri. night - at bedtime, Seth and Joel vomit within minutes of each other (on the carpet in their bedroom). The first time Joel threw up I was holding both of them so we all got some on us. Will was wonderful with the carpet cleaner.

Sat. morning (5 am) - Nathaniel wakes me up telling me his throat hurts. I put him back in bed. He has a fever all day and develops chills by dinner time. I take him to urgent care that night. They thought he had flu, but his flu test came back negative. They gave us some steroids for a croupy cough.

Sunday - everyone is tired, sleeps a lot.

Monday - Nathaniel not really much better. Little boys eating food again. That evening Joel has diarrhea.

Tuesday (1 a.m.) - Seth wakes up screaming. He has had explosive diarrhea that has filled his footed pjs. It got all over me when I got him out of the crib. We had to give him a bath, change his sheets. Joel wakes up in the process and he had vomited in his bed at some point. Get Joel and his bed cleaned up. Finally back to bed around 3 a.m.

That afternoon - Nathaniel wakes up with green and yellow junk coming out of his eyes. Plus his cough is worse. I take him to the Dr. and we get antibiotic eyedrops for pinkeye and an antibiotic for his cough/throat.

Wednesday - Will thinks he has pinkeye - I might have it also so they prescribe drops for me also.

Thursday - Nathaniel feeling much better. Still not 100%. We're all (except Seth and Joel) doing eye drops 4x a day.

Friday - Nathaniel feeling better. I take him to school for 2 hours for his Valentine's party. His class missed him and was so happy to see him. Here he is (below) decorating his Valentine's sack. However - little boys now have fever.

Saturday - we decide to take the little boys to urgent care (and Nathaniel has to miss the school carnival). Both twins have double ear infections (that's 4 infected ears). Joel was wheezing, so he got a nebulizer treatment. They were both fussy, and as soon as they put the mask on Joel, Seth started screaming too. I had to take Seth out in the hall to calm him down. He was upset that Joel had that mask on. You could hear Joel screaming throughout the entire building. I think we had all available nurses helping Will.

It really wasn't until Tuesday or Wednesday of the next week that Joel stopped wheezing, so I think by Thursday of the next week we were finally back to normal. Whew.

The good thing was that we enjoyed lots of cuddles while everyone was sick. However, it was exhausting to have all 3 boys be sick. But thankfully we are feeling better!





Joel on right. Feeling well enough to play a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment