Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Talking, talking, talking

Nathaniel talks up a storm. We have some pretty interesting conversations. Here are a few:

  • The other day I took him to get a haircut. As we drove home, he said, "Mom, I left my hairs at the haircut place." 
  • Reading in his Bible the other night about Moses and the Red Sea, and Nathaniel informs me it is not a red sea, but a blue sea. (It is a picture Bible). I told him he was somewhat correct.
  • At school, his teachers read a book that has animals in it. They had read it once before. On the second reading, the teachers asked the kids what animal was on the page. All of the other kids said "bird" but Nathaniel said "whooping crane." I can't help it if he's a genius.
  •  Our friend had a newborn baby that Nathaniel and I got to meet last week. Last Friday morning when we were eating breakfast he was asking me about the baby. He asked if the baby liked to eat oatmeal. I told him the baby was too little for oatmeal, and she just ate milk for now. Nathaniel said, "Mom, babies DRINK milk, they don't eat it." 
 And there's more stories like this, these are just the ones I can write down and remember and post them here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment