Friday, August 31, 2012

Red River Vacation Post 2

Here are some shots from our second day in Red River. The cool mornings felt fantastic after the hot, humid Augusts that we are used to. We took Nathaniel to a playground around the block from our cabin, then packed our lunches and took Will's truck on the Old Red River Pass to see some beautiful scenery. This used to be the only way into Red River Valley. I can't imagine traveling on this winding, rocky road in a car (which my grandmother used to do with my mom and her brothers).









Picnic at the top of the mountain! I love this shot.







We took a different road on the way down. Once we got back to the main highway, we saw a baby bear scrambling back up the sharp incline! He realized as he got close to the cars and noise that this was not where he wanted to be! I tried to take a picture but fumbled the camera and he (or she) was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment