Friday, August 31, 2012

Red River Vacation Post 1

Sorry I haven't blogged much lately, we have been busy! We had a wonderful vacation. We drove to see my parents and sister and brother-in-law, and then headed to Red River, NM. I went on vacation there as a little girl, and often with my grandmother and great aunt, so I am glad Nathaniel got to spend some vacation time with his grandparents in the same place.

Here we are in the car, excited to be on the way.






As you can see above, they were filming "The Lone Ranger" in Cimarron Canyon, which is very close to where we were staying. You can kind of see some old-timey trains they had up on top of trailers. My Dad saw Johnny Depp standing on one of them. My pictures of the filming didn't turn out too well. Nathaniel got to ride with Mimi and Granddad in their car for part of the trip. He had a great time (and so did the dogs, they were ecstatic to have the whole backseat without Nathaniel).

Here we are hiking on our first morning:






And fishing in the afternoon. No one caught anything the first day.












The chipmunks were very bold, as you can see. I saw one as we walked down to the lake that was eating a square of a kit kat bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment