Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Kroger Celebrity

So the other morning when we went to the store, Nathaniel got the celebrity treatment. He was his normal smiley self, and the manager commented that he wanted Nathaniel to come work for them when he was older. He said they always needed happy people. Then, the manager and another employee asked if Nathaniel could have a banana. I told them he loved bananas, but that I had planned on purchasing some.

Lucky Nathaniel, they went and got a banana for him and peeled it and gave it to me. So Nathaniel got to eat a banana while we shopped. Of course, I was not feeding it to him fast enough, so there were lots of grunts. Then another employee asked if he could have a balloon. Feeling silly, I said, "Sure." I felt silly because I'd never gotten one for him before. So the Kroger employee picks out a blue balloon, and even ties it to a little blue teddy bear anchor. Then she ties it to the cart. Of course, Nathaniel thinks this is terrific. He bounced that balloon off of everything, but mostly his head. He screamed and squealed the rest of our shopping trip. Anyways, I must admit I enjoyed my son being pampered at the store. It made my trip more enjoyable, but most of all I was happy since he was happy. Below are some pictures with the balloon.







It's the little things in life that make us happy . . . 

1 comment: