Sunday, October 11, 2015

Happy Birthday Seth and Joel!

It's here! We made it to the one-year birthday. I can't believe my babies are 1. In some ways it feels like it has been much longer than a year. In other ways I feel like I blinked and the babies were one. It was a hard year but also the best year of our lives. I can't imagine life without Nathaniel, Seth or Joel. These 3 boys make us laugh and cry, and we love every minute of it.

They went to the Dr. for their check-up and everything was perfect. We are blessed!

Joel was 22 lbs and 7.3 oz and 30" long
Seth was 22 lbs and 4.6 oz and 30.5" long

It is amazing to me that they have always been within a few ounces of each other their entire lives. Even when they were living inside of me. I think the delta was even smaller then.

As far as percentiles, they were around 40th for weight. I think Joel was upper 60th percentile for height and Seth was around 73rd percentile or so.

The only thing we need to work on is getting them to call us "Mommy" and "Daddy." They can make lots of sounds, and they talk all of the time to each other in their "twin speak." We're working on getting them to sign eat, drink, etc. but I know we don't work with them as much as we did with Nathaniel. We just run out of time. But we'll get there.

Seth on right





Seth still on right







Seth left

Joel



Seth hopped up and took off


Joel on left


Seth



Seth with Big Bubba

Joel
Seth inside laundry bucket
Seth

Joel left
Joel left

Joel left

Joel left









So many thanks to our family and friends for the wonderful gifts. Thanks to Mimi and Granddad for flying in to celebrate Seth and Joel's first birthday with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment