Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dim Sum

Will's friend Ted took us to Chinatown to eat at a dim sum restaurant. Dim sum means "touch of the heart." It is basically little appetizers that you order and everyone shares. It was great. Ted told us it was still Americanized, because in China they actually have little pushcarts that they push around and you just pick one piece at a time and sip hot tea while you do business. So it's usually a 4-hour event. We heard this restuarant has a pushcart on the weeekend, but not sure if this is true. The appetizers that we ordered came 3 or 4 to a little metal bowl (as you can see below).






Nathaniel ate turnip cake, fried squid and some kind of sesame-seed bun with sweet bean paste inside. I think the tried a couple of the sweet doughy ones too. I was so proud of him for trying something new. It was still a long lunch for us, so I gave him my phone for a bit when he was really wiggly.

Oh and congrats to my husband for trying the chicken feet. They were boiled in some kind of sauce and you basically suck the skin off. I like to think that I try a lot of different foods, but I couldn't do the chicken feet. Good job Will. Oh, and he said that he wouldn't do one again. They weren't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment