Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Well, we had a great 4th of July. We enjoyed spending the day with several different friends, and then we went to the watch the local fireworks from a Walgreen's parking lot. They had some cones blocking traffic so that everyone could set up their lawn chairs and watch without having to be bussed into the local school. Bonus, the fire dept. was there with their fire truck so the kids could sit in the truck and check it out.

I had Nathaniel in this very cute red and blue shirt all day. However, during dinner he stuffed too much hot dog bun in his mouth and gagged himself, necessitating an outfit change. Will had just been teasing me about the hot dog eating contest earlier in the day (which I think is gross). Then I get to witness one at my own house. Yuck. Anyways, it was easily cleanable, but I wish he'd had on his patriotic shirt.


One of the few times he was sitting - and the show hadn't started!





We didn't actually get to watch much of the show. Nathaniel felt the blocked-off parking lot was an excellent track, and he practiced his running skills during the fireworks. He really didn't care that much about them. But, Will and I did get to see a little bit, so it was nice. Maybe next year . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment