Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chew, chew, chew

I have been meaning to post this story for a while, but I keep forgetting. When Nathaniel eats, he usually takes big bites, so I remind him to "chew, chew, chew." Now if he takes a big bite, he looks at me, points at his mouth and says "chew, chew, chew." :)

This morning he ate his oatmeal all by himself. He's fine at putting the spoon loaded with food into his mouth, but I think he has just now gotten the hang of scooping. This will make my life so much easier!

And now a story from school. On Tuesday, I went to pick up Nathaniel, and as usual, he wants to point out his friends to me and call them by name. When he got to one little boy, he said his name and signed "grumpy." His teacher asked what the sign meant. So I had to tell her the truth, and I asked if Nathaniel was grumpy in hopes she wouldn't notice he was calling another little boy grumpy. But she got the point, and said that yes, Nathaniel was correct, his friend had been grumpy today. I apologized, and hoped it wouldn't happen again. But today when I picked him up, he informed me the same little boy was grumpy again (in front of his teachers). This little boy is a cryer, but I do feel bad for him. At least Nathaniel is good at telling me the truth (although I had this one figured out without his help). 

Last story - I had a few leftover red grapes for Nathaniel after he had eaten a good dinner, but I guess he noticed that I had purchased a new bag of green grapes from the store. He informed me he wanted the green grapes and not the red. What a character! I'm glad he knows what he likes though.

Just had to share a few stories, because he's been so much fun lately. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment