Thursday, September 14, 2017

Mommy's Birthday

I enjoyed spending my birthday with my Joel-Bear. I took some pictures with my sweet boy right when we got up in the morning. This was one of the days in his relapse when he really felt pretty well. He ate some pizza crust from Papa John's cheese pizza. It was probably one of the last times he ate anything. The big highlight was that I got to hold him. He had felt so bad that it was too uncomfortable for him to sit in our laps. Or really even be moved.







Getting to hold him on my lap was the greatest gift -
he hadn't felt like sitting on my lap in quite a while.





My friend Rheagan sent me come cookies up to the hosital for my birthday. Joel was thrilled with the little ballooon in the box.




September 13th - these are the day before my birthday - we moved back up to the 9th floor. We actually just rode in the bed and they pushed us to the 9th floor on the patient elevators. I told Joel that it was like we were in a parade.



He liked this purple truck with the flames!




Feeling well enough to nap on me for a little bit - I love it.

Meanwhile on Sept. 13th, Will and Mimi took Seth to the zoo for the first time in almost a year . . . before his cancer diagnosis.












Will took this one of the two of us on my birthday . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment