Saturday, December 7, 2013

Funny Nathaniel Sayings

A couple of weeks ago as we pass by the cows on the road we have this conversation:

Nathaniel: "What do mommy and daddy cows drink?"
Me (after thought): "Water?"
Nathaniel: "No, I don't think so. I think they drink milk."
Me: "How do they get the milk?"
Nathaniel (exasperated voice): "Humans get it for them."

Last Sunday I was putting him down for a nap. He found 2 Christmas penguins that I had gotten out of the Christmas decorations box. We went to his room and he told me that "This one is the Mommy penguin, this is the Daddy penguin." And he set them on his shelf. Then he said, "While I do quiet time they will lay their egg." Then he told me when he got done with quiet time, "They laid their egg! The baby is so cute, it can't walk yet." Such an active imagination.

 Several weeks ago we were playing blocks. First Nathaniel pretended that we built the city of Jericho, then we marched around 7 times and knocked it down. After that he picked up a block and said, "This one is Jesus. He's getting in his Corvette and driving to heaven." Then he moved the block over to where Annie was. (That was heaven). Picture below. I don't remember what the other block was. I told Will about it when he got home. Will questioned Nathaniel as to if Jesus drove a Corvette or something even faster.



And yesterday when I picked him up at school, his teachers told me that he was the only one in class to know the name of the angel (Gabriel) in the Christmas story. He is such a smart kiddo and so fun to be around. He constantly tells me how much he loves me and is in general such a sweet kid. One of his friends came over to play and he told his friend how much he loved him. I hope this sweetness lasts forever . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment