Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Funny Boy

Lately I have had lots of funny conversations with my sweet boy that I have been meaning to write down.

One morning last week we wake up to hear "The train is coming! I hear it!" THE TRAIN IS COMING!" If you can imagine, this was in a very loud voice. Okay, it is pretty much yelling. There are train tracks down the street and a train had whistled and was traveling through. But this was probably 5:45 am. His ears are terrific.

Nathaniel pretty much wakes up going 100%. He's a jump-out-of-bed type of guy. He hits the ground running. He's not that kid that you have to help wake up. :)

Last week he was playing trains. He told me that Percy and another train were going to go camping and have a campfire and roast marshmallows. I sat down beside Nathaniel and said, "That sounds like fun, can I come too?"

Nathaniel said, "No mom. You're too old." I was shocked and said "What?" and started tickling him. We laughed for a while. Then he thought it was funny so he kept telling me I was old.

One day Nathaniel asked me if we could have a pet bird. I explained to him that it wouldn't be a good idea with the dogs, that the bird would be scared. So he asked for a pet elephant instead.

Love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment