Thursday, December 15, 2011

This happened today

I had a really hard time getting Nathaniel down for a nap, which is unusual, because he has been doing really well lately with going to sleep. After coming in and telling him not to pull books off his bookshelf (he can reach a few from his crib) I thought he was settled.

Ten minutes later I hear him saying "mommy, mommy." Finally I go in, and to my shock and horror he has taken his diaper off and peed in his crib on the sheets and blankets and out on the carpet too. He's looking at me and waving his diaper around.

After a talk about how we only pee-pee in our diaper or the potty, he seemed to think this was funny. He would say "pee pee" and laugh.

He did tell me he was sorry. When I told Will about what happened he laughed about it too. He suggested that I kept Nathaniel in pants, but good grief it was 80 degrees today - I took off his jeans from school so that he wouldn't get too hot. I ended up digging out out some shorts. Crazy weather . . . crazy day. At least I will probably laugh about this tomorrow.

1 comment: